Intended migrants have lots of questions. Here's a few of the most frequently asked questions.

Why should I use a registered migration agent?

It’s not essential to use a migration agent to move to Australia.  Whether you need to use an agent or not depends entirely on your ability to submit a successful application. Just like many people rely on the professional services of an Accountant to prepare their tax return, or a Solicitor to prepare their Will, a large majority of migrants prefer the comfort of having a professional Registered Migration Agent attend to their visa submission.

What do your services cover?

Clients typically have varying degrees of need for professional assistance.  Some approach us at the very start of their migration plans, whilst others come to us for help if something has gone wrong with an application they have lodged themselves. 

Whichever stage of the process you are currently at, our services are clearly outlined in our client agreement, so you will know exactly what work is covered prior to work commencing on your file.

Our services vary considerably depending on the strategy being adopted, however generally you can expect the following:

  • Provide you with an honest opinion about your chances of success;
  • Provide you with a firm, written quote of our fees to represent you, including details of any components which will represent additional costs (such as skills assessments or preparing applications for penal clearances on your behalf);
  • Prepare detailed formal advice on your migration strategy, documentation requirements, along with important information on the process and what to expect.
  • Thoroughly check your documentation prior to submitting it to the relevant government body, skills assessing body or Department of Immigration & Border Protection.
  • Lodging your application, monitoring its progress and liaising with the Australian Government on your behalf;
  • Keeping you regularly informed.  We know how important it is to be kept up-to-date.  You will have direct contact details for your Registered Migration Agent so that you can communicate with them at any time.

What is a registered migration agent?

To provide migration advice in Australia, an agent needs to be registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA). It’s a criminal act for unregistered advisers to provide such advice and the Government views this so seriously that such persons risk penalties of up to 10 years’ imprisonment. Migration agents providing advice outside Australia are not required to be registered and are not bound by the MARA’s stringent requirements.

No migration agent can guarantee that you will be 100% successful in your application. In fact it’s against the MARA’s Code of Conduct to make such a claim.  Click here to view the MARA Code of Conduct.

Migration agents are prohibited from implying that they have a special relationship with the Department of Immigration that will benefit their clients.

To find out whether the person offering you migration and visa advice is registered, you can search the Register of Agents on the MARA’s website.  If you don’t have access to a computer, you can obtain a hard copy of the register from MARA.  Another option is to ask them for their seven digit MARN – a registration number allocated by the MARA only to duly registered migration agents.

How long will it take for my visa application to be processed?

The processing time for visa applications will vary according to the visa class you apply for and the priority order in which applications are processed by the Department of Immigration & Border Protection.

At the commencement of your work, Morgan Immigration Australia will provide you with current processing time on your visa.  This is an estimate, and to be used as a guide only.

Clients will be advised of any changes or delays announced by the Department of Immigration & Border Protection, which may affect their visa application.

Can you help me find a job in Australia?

If you are looking for Employer Sponsorship in Australia, you are no doubt aware that this can be a tough process.  Traditional recruitment agencies don't seem to promote international candidates (this may be due to issues surrounding providing migration advice).

Having formal representation in Australia can certainly help.  One of the very first things we notice when dealing with international clients is that their CV/Resume and covering letter is not formatted for the Australian job market.  Most international candidates do not have an Australian contact.  For these two reason a lot of applications are immediately dismissed.

Morgan Immigration Australia can:

Provide you with detailed information on Employer Sponsorship and your visa options.  If you are offshore, the subclass 457 visa will be the most appropriate option due to shorter processing time on this visa.

Help you with a professional CV/Resume and Covering letter for the Australian job market.

Provide formal representation when dealing with Australian Employers.

Provide you with a support letter, so that interested employers can contact us to talk about sponsorship (sometimes employers just need to talk to a professional before making this decision).

This support service is designed to assist with your Employer Sponsorship quest by giving you the tools you need to hit the Australian job market, and being available for discussion to interested employers.  You will  be responsible for making applications and contacting Australian businesses.

Professional representation will help you to stand out among international candidates and show your commitment to finding an Australian sposnor.

Can you offer any guarantees that my visa application will be successful?

Unfortunately, we cannot offer you any guarantees regarding the outcome of your application.  

For a visa application to be successful, you as the applicant must satisfy all requirements of the visa class you apply for. Whether or not you meet all of the requirements is ultimately up to the Department of Immigration & Border Protection.

We can however guarantee you a thorough and extensive assessment of your situation.  Based on our professional knowledge of Australian migration law, we’re able to offer you realistic and honest advice regarding the likely outcome of your visa application.

If we believe that your application is unlikely to succeed, we will advise you not to proceed with your visa application. Under no circumstances will we advise you to proceed with an application unless we believe it has a good chance of success.

How long do I need to live in Australia before I can become a citizen?

You must have been living in Australia on a valid Australian visa for four years immediately before applying, including one year as a permanent resident, and
You must not have been absent from Australia for more than one year during the four year period, including no more than 90 days in the year immediately before applying

Have a different question?  You can contact us for more information.